NEOFOR proposes terrace decking slats:
A terrace decking slat is a straight solid wood component flat-fixed on joists or on straight supports without edge contact. Planking (or decking) is an outdoor ground covering comprising terrace slats fixed directly to a support or terrace slats fixed to joists which are in turn fixed to a support. The support provides the stability for the planking (decking).
Areas of use:
Outdoor wood planking (decking) can be used around:
- Individual houses: terraces, patios, swimming pool surrounds, etc.
- Collective housing: terraces, balconies, roof-terraces, etc.
- Facilities open to the public: pathways, walkways, forecourts, terraces, patios, etc.
It is also used for fitting out urban and landscaped spaces:
- Urban planning: pavements, esplanades, green spaces, etc.
- Facilities: pontoons, passageways, piers, etc.